Blood Orange Salad with Pistachios and Feta
A bright, light, and refreshing salad to bring joy to your plate and your day
- 2 Blood oranges peeled and sliced (regular oranges and grapefruit work great too!)
- Few handfuls Arugula Can sub kale, spinach, or spring mix
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted pistachios Sub chopped dry roasted, lightly salted almonds or nuts of choice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta goat cheese or parmesan work great too!
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh chopped herbs I used a mix of parsely and basil
For the Honey Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp honey depending on how sweet you like it
- 1-2 tbsp Dijon mustard depending on how tart you like it
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Few pinches salt and pepper to taste
Add all salad ingredients into a big mixing bowl
For the vinaigrette, add all ingredients into a mason jar and shake up. Or put into a bowl and whisk together! Give it a taste and add more salt, honey, or dijon depending on how you like it!
Top the salad with the vinaigrette, mix it together, serve on a platter or plate and sprinkle with more feta and chopped herbs!
This is great topped with grilled chicken or salmon. Enjoy!