d

Alienum phaedrum torquatos
nec eu, vis detraxit periculis ex,
nihil expetendis in mei.

contact
neva@office.com
+456933336454
2606 Saints Alley
Tampa, FL 33602
Follow Us

Burger Bowl

Happy Cheeseburger Day

Apparently it’s National Cheeseburger Day.

Who knew, right? Who makes this stuff up?

While I literally never partake in this kind of stuff, I couldn’t NOT share this bowl. It’s a staple around here and a recipe I share in my ebook.

Perfect for the start of the weekend.

Allow me to introduce you to the classic cheeseburger’s slightly messy little sister, the Burger Bowl.

99% of my food is eaten from bowls. The other 1% is directly from my paws.

I don’t do plates. I’m messy. And I like big messy bowls that combine my food all into one.

This burger bowl could not be simpler. It’s the flavors and ingredients of your all American burger combined into a salad, and tossed with roasted potatoes, cheese, and all burger fixings. And topped with sesame seeds. Because.. buns. Get it?

I know. Cute.

Customize this bowl however you see fit. The recipe is less recipe and more lets toss some of this and that together and call it a recipe. You could even get really wild and add some bacon and swap the sauce for BBQ sauce to make it really crazy.

You know what I like about this bowl the most? It’s comforting. And classic. You know what the flavors are. You can practically taste them right now. And it just feels good. Ya know?

I’m officially into the 7th Harry Potter book. For nerds like me, you realize I’m at the end of the series. For probably the third or fourth time in my life. But re reading the series has been my little escape. It’s like this burger bowl. I know how good it is. It’s familiar. And it’s comforting because it’s always been around.

A little way to escape the uneasiness that is our world.

But! That being said. There’s always good stuff out there to embrace as well, right? So even while schools and football and jobs are still not feeling quite normal and routine, we’re making it work and making it happen.

And we’ll all be better because of it.

Now do yourself a favor and make this delicious bowl. It’s too easy and too delicious not to.

And if you want more recipes that are not even recipes just like this one, get my ebook, Unlocked Down. It has lots of crazy simple recipes and ideas just like this.

Happy Friday world.

Burger Bowl

A healthy twist on the All American Burger
Course Main Course
Servings 4

Ingredients
  

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup pickles
  • 1 bag or head romaine lettuce chopped up for the salad
  • 2-3 large sweet potatoes diced
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup mustard
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese optional

Instructions
 

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Peel and dice sweet potatoes, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper
  • Arrange on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes. Toss halfway!
  • In a large skillet, brown up the ground beef with lots of salt and pepper to taste and set aside
  • In a large mixing bowl, add all the vegetables, pickles, and lettuce and toss to combine
  • In a seperate bowl or jar, mix the ketchup and mustard together so it becomes more of a "sauce" or "salad dressing". Trust me.
  • In the mixing bowl add the gournd beef, roasted potatoes, and dressing. Toss all your burger goodness together.
  • Top with greated cheddar cheese, more burger fixings, an extra drizzle or two of ketchup and mustard. And more pickles. Oh and sprinkle those sesame seeds on top if you're feeling fancy.

Notes

I swear my recipes are more of an eyeball things than anything. Pick the burger flavors and ingredients you love, combine them in a bowl, and use ketchup and mustard as your dressing. It's truly that easy and I swear it tastes amazing. 

Again. That bacon and barbecue sauce combo would be insane. Hello bacon cheeseburger bowl. Holy wow.

Post a Comment